Friday, February 11, 2011

Great New Tool for Artists

My new iPad on my old drawing board.
I bought a new iPad several months ago to replace my laptop. I thought it would be easier to carry around when a traveled to the art and craft shows I do for Fish Face Goods; for simple business tasks, it works well.
I read a article in "Art News" about David Hockney and his use of an iPad as a drawing tool.  "ArtStudio" and "Sketch Book Pro" apps have transformed the iPad into a new medium for me. Now my life (my art life) has been changed forever. I am so stoked by these apps that over night, I have doubled my fine art production. These apps have brought an element of instant gratification. I use to do pencil sketches in a "sketch book" to develop ideas, but with ArtStudio I get a real feeling for the finished piece cause I'm  drawing in full color, with textures or brush strokes just like I may use in a finished piece of traditional art. Plus, if I don't like it, I just delete it and start another. I didn't use up any paper, canvas, pencils or paint. Below are just a couple pieces I've done over the last few months.


Chicken


Hey You

No comments:

Post a Comment